Petherick Park is located on the corner of High Street and Scott Street, 500 metres west of the main shopping area and main street of Tenterfield. Petherick Park follows the Tenterfield Creek, and the shared bike path and walkway runs around Petherick Park.
Petherick Park is named in honour of Edward (Ted) Petherick (1873-1962) for his services to the Tenterfield community. Ted was the ‘epitome of volunteering Tenterfield’, and was a dentist and farmer, as well as a civic, cultural and charity leader. Ted was also the Mayor of Tenterfield on multiple occasions, in 1918-1919, 1931-1935, 1937 and 1942-1948.