Thinking up some ways to spoil Dad this weekend without going too far from home? Here are some suggestions to celebrate Father’s Day the Tenterfield way!
Kick-start Dad’s heart with some outdoor adventure and create memories that will last a lifetime:
- Climb Bald Rock – This walk never gets old and if it’s a clear day, the views from the top will be the best gift ever!
- Explore the base of a flowing waterfall and surrounding rockpools at Basket Swamp Falls, discover the balancing rocks and sacred site of Woollool Woolloolni Aboriginal Place and watch the sun set at Timbarra Lookout.
- Feel like you’re stepping into a scene from Jurassic Park at Boonoo Boonoo Falls Lookout and then spend time rock-hopping along the river.
- Shop local and put together a Dad’s Day picnic to enjoy at Mount Mackenzie Lookout (Tourist Drive 9 via Kildare Road is a great scenic loop to drive enroute to the lookout).
- Dust off the fishing rods and wet a line as you take some time out to enjoy fishing in Tenterfield.
- Check out Captain Thunderbolt’s Hideout – just 150m walk from Mt Lindesay Road (a must-do if you’re checking out the surrounding national parks accessible via the same road).
- Kick a ball, walk the dog, or take a stroll through one of Tenterfield’s many parks with Dad, all of which are looking spectacular right now with the trees boasting a flush of spring blossoms.
You’ll be certain to work up an appetite after all that adventure. And you know what they say… The quickest way to a man’s heart is with food! And our region has so many options, whatever Dad’s dining style may be.
Consider dining out at one of our region’s eateries, many of which are offering special Father’s Day dining options this weekend.
Be sure to call ahead to book a table or you may consider ordering takeaway.
Check out our online directory of local spots for fabulous feeds.
And if you really want to spoil Dad, shop local and discover a wide range of great gifts for all types of Dads.